When you are looking for the best sedation dentist in Greensboro NC, look no farther than DeVaney Dentistry in Oak Ridge. Convenient to anywhere in the Triad, Dr Matt DeVaney offers everything from oral to IV sedation. Years of treatments and hundreds of hours in training courses have made Dr DeVaney a leader in sedation dentistry in the Triad.
- 1999 Graduate of the UNC School of Dentistry
- Licensed to Administer Moderate Conscious Sedation By North Carolina
- Hundreds of Hours in IV Sedation Training at Georgia Regents University
- Hundreds of Hours of Sedation Training at the Prestigious Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS)
Why opt for sedation dentistry? IV and oral conscious sedation can help patients relax and ease the anxiety associated with dental appointments in a safe and controlled environment. If you know that you have a bad gag reflex, sedation dentistry can be helpful in calming gagging triggers. In addition, if you need to have more than one procedure performed in a single visit, sedation dentistry allows the dentist to accomplish more work in a shorter time period.
Sedation dentistry is a safe choice that:
- Allows multiple procedures to be done in one visit
- Safely allows the patient to have dental work without the pain and anxiety
- Gives you back your smile and the function of your teeth
- IV Sedation can also be performed with smaller procedures as well
Oral conscious sedation involves taking an oral dose of medicine (such as Valium, Halcion, Ativan, or Versed) before the appointment. There are no needles involved whatsoever, making oral sedation an alternative for patients who are fearful of injections. The medication does not cause sleep; it causes an amnesiac reaction and many patients cannot recall the details of the procedure they had performed.
Commonly known as “laughing gas”, nitrous oxide is administered continuously through a nose hood. It is a mild sedative that elevates your mood and sense of well-being.
Anxiolysis is the administering of a single dose pill that has several agents that calm mild anxiety leading up to a during a dental procedure. This can be very effective for shorter appointments with patients that have mild anxiety.
IV Sedation is a safe dental practice and has few side effects associated with its use.
Dr. DeVaney is attentive to all of his patients during sedation. Whether you need a root canal, dental implant surgery, a tooth extraction, a deep periodontal cleaning, or other procedures, Dr. DeVaney can perform under one roof. With sedation dentistry, you may be pleasantly surprised at the amount of work that can be done in a single appointment.
Sedation dentistry in Greensboro, NC can ease your anxiety.
Why Choose DeVaney Dentistry
- Open Early (7AM), Open Fridays
- Same Day Appointments Available
- Financing Options Available For Some Procedures
We thank you for allowing us to take care of your dental needs and look forward to serving you.